Last week at work one of our newer tech's asked me what the phrase "Generic Utilization" meant. He had seen it on a memo from our DM and couldn't quite grasp what it meant.
The more I thought about it and tried to explain it to him, the more I realized how utterly ridiculous the term was.
The memo itself was telling us that we needed to increase our generic utilization. How though? 95% of what receive is filled as a generic (if one exists) right off the bat. The remaining 5% are either on a brand for a specific reason or are anal retentive and refuse to switch.
So how precisely are we to effect that? Why waste time and energy focusing on something of which we have very little control.
Can someone out there with a bigger and more developed brain explain it in any better fashion?